Monday, June 23, 2008

Breakfast in America (in Paris)

I was in Paris last week, which provided fertile territory for my love of signs. On my first day, I went off in search of the Musee Picasso.

And somewhere near the gayborhood and just past the chic part of Le Marais, I stumbled on this little gem: Breakfast in America. It was a Parisian neighborhood struggling way too hard to be cool...but it was dripping with iconic America. And somehow it worked.

On getting back to my wife's temporary flat (she was there for a work assignment), I showed her the photo. She promptly told me it wasn't really a "find" and flipped to a page in Frommer's showing me about the place (thereby bruising my sign hunting ego).

Despite the fact that I didn't discover virgin territory here, I still think it was a great shot. Now, I just wonder how the food is?



No comments: