Thursday, July 24, 2008

Christian Tourism

I have no idea what Christian Tourism is. If I encountered this in a magazine or on the Internet, I would assume that it would include visiting holy Christian sites in the Middle East or perhaps following in the footsteps of St. Patrick in Ireland.

Nope. Evidently Christian Tourism means going on tours with other Christians and praying a lot. Sound like fun? Yeah, I thought so too. I’d rather stick nails under my fingers.

Yet, in Gettysburg, PA, I found a gem. Nancy & Udean Christian Tours. OK, so this isn’t really a sign. But it was parked in front of rather degenerate looking biker bar. The visions of senior citizens forking over their Social Security checks to Nancy and Udean to be taken to bar in rural Pennsylvania is an image I can’t get out of my mind. Maybe there’s something to be said for Christian Tourism after all.



No comments: